Things I learned since I last blogged:
1) Kind bars exist. My best friend from way back in elementary school, Caryl, has to eat gluten-free. While we hung out in Breckenridge together last week she introduced all of us to the wonder of dark chocolate cherry cashew Kind bars. 180 calories. Full of antioxidants and vitamins. Taste fabulous with a glass of almond milk (30 calories). Just sayin’ . . .
2) Traveling has a whole new dimension when you get out of the car and WALK. More on that in future posts, but the trees and people of Montrose, the wildflowers of Breckenridge, and the passes of the Rocky Mountains are experienced in a whole new way when on foot.
3) Powerpoint is a fabulous speaking aid. You can do all kinds of cute graphics that make you look more clever than you really are.
4) BENew‘s BEfull shakes are even better when you follow the advice of your friend Kristin and occasionally mix one scoop of vanilla and one scoop of chocolate into your almond milk instead of thinking it has to be an either/or decision. (And it’s really fun to be on the same team, cheering each other on, when you’re with your girlfriends.)
5) Sometimes (often?) we’re harder on ourselves than God is. We can think we get it that His grace is abundant and overflowing, then we realize while sitting on the side of a mountain that He actually wants more joy for us than we allow ourselves. On the side of the mountain with the world before us and beauty overwhelming every sense we realize we can still be blind-sided by the whole trying to be good enough and do enough syndrome even when we think we’ve overcome it.
How About You? Would love to hear your tidbits of wisdom!