Things I learned since I last blogged (continued):
6) Dandelions are meant to grow in the wild-huge, yellow, and free or cotton-ball, fly-away fluffy. They are NOT a nuisance there. They are pure beauty. Sometimes life needs to be viewed from a new perspective.
7) Cold mountain streams can make your feet bright red but there are moments life must be experienced fully, not from the sidelines. Sometimes you must wade on in instead of wondering about it from the sidelines.
8) There is such a thing as purple pine cones whether or not your friends believe you saw one. You have to stick to your convictions no matter what others say or how much you are teased.
9) Green grapes cut in half, romaine lettuce, and cashews make an amazing salad. If veggies make you a little nervous, there are still really healthy, low cal alternatives that make you leaner and stronger. Healthy doesn’t have to be boring and there’s always a new way to get there.
10) You can “make new friends but keep the old. One is silver and the other’s gold.” Wait. I learned that one in Brownies . . . How about “friends are friend forever if the Lord’s the Lord of them. And a friend will not say never ’cause the welcome will not end.” That’s one Kathleen, Caryl, Kristin and I clung to in the 80s. They actually thanked me for not making them sing it as we departed this week. Learning #10 is nothing new no matter which way I think about it, but it is forever true. Friends are a gift to be treasured.